Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Holiday breakaway in China - Day 1

I've finally arrived Beijing at about 7pm. Hubby was already waiting for me when I arrived. The checking-out and baggage claim took a long time, so he had to wait quite a bit.
The journey was a 4 hour ride from Penang to Hongkong. I had to transit for almost 4 hours in Hongkong awaiting for my next connecting flight to Beijing, so you can just imagine how bored I was. Infact, I didn't do much on my first day in Beijing, March 6 apart from catching up on some sleep, channel-surfing, wandering aimlessly around the famous Wang Fu Jing pedestrian street where our hotel was located nearby. There are many restaurants in the area, but even if you’re not there to eat or shop, it is still a great place for people to watch and enjoy the crowds.

No comments: