While the VMY 2007 campaign has been more event-driven, with over 200 national and international-level events and activities, the One Golden Celebration campaign will focus more on enticing tourists to come and visit our many wonderful destinations.
These promotions are further enhanced by three visit-State-year campaigns by Kedah, Kelantan and Terengganu – each with its own theme and campaign.
There are hosts of events to be promoted and included in holiday packages to woo both foreign and local tourists alike.
Don't miss out:
- KL Grand Prix City, March 1-24
- KL GP Sale, March 14-23
- Sunburst KL International Music Festival, March 15
- Petronas Malaysian F1 Grand Prix, March 21-23
- Kedah Hot Air Balloon, March 18-23
- Labuan International Sea Challenge, April 19-27
- 11th International Malay Archipelago Drums Festival, April 10-16
- 15th Regatta Lepa Semporna, April 19-20
- Colours of Malaysia, May 24
- Malaysia Mega Sale Carnival, May 24-Aug 3
- Islanders Music Dance Festival, Langkawi, May 30-June 1
- Gawai Dayak Festival, June 1
- Rainforest World Music Festival,July 11-13
- Malaysia Flora Fest, July 18-Aug 3
- Perak International Skydive, July 19-20
- Merdeka Month Celebration, Aug 31
- Penang Lantern Festival, Nov
- Monsoon Cup Terengganu, Nov 27-Dec 1
- Malaysia Year End Sale, Nov 29-Jan 4
Keep these dates in your diary. If you intend to join in the events, make sure you book your hotel room early as aggressive promotions of the events are expected to bring in the crowd.