Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Firefox 3 Download - A Huge Success

I know plenty of people will be rushing to download a copy of the final version of Firefox 3 on Tuesday when it’s released.
The Mozilla servers crashed as most Firefoxers all determined to be one of the first to experience the latest version of their favourite browser. They seem to be back online now after some early hiccups.

Still, Mozilla managed to break the world records for software downloads in 24 hours, and it looks like Firefox 3 is going to be highly popular. It has tons of new features with 15,000 improvements, plus it runs faster and provides a safer browsing environment.

I bet there are a lot of Firefox lovers out there, but I am not one of those, believe me! I see Firefox as a very good browser, but I always encounter problems, so I never fell in love with it. But only time will tell, because changing your primary browser is not something to do over night. It'll be interesting to see how the reception of Firefox 3 grows as more users experience its new features. I'm sure Firefox 3 should really become much better than any browser in the wild!
Well done, Mozilla!

2 comments:

Johnny Ong said...

will want to see what kind of big improvements they have in store for me

Lin said...

the feedbacks have been overwhelming so far.