Saturday, June 14, 2008

To Fathers With Love

Father 's Day is a great time of year to celebrate how wonderful dad has been for all of these years. Obviously, father’s day may not get the same amount of attention as Mother’s Day. Let's face it, men are not into flowers and perfume and it's always so much harder to shop for them. I'm still cracking my head over what to get this Father's Day. I guess one of the best things you can do for dads this Sunday is to fill up the gas tanks of their cars.

Even though I don’t think my dad reads this, there’s some stuff I want him to know. So Dad, if you do see this…I’m sorry I didn’t appreciate you more when I was younger. I’ve never been especially close to him. Infact, I used to avoid seeing him as much as possible when I was a kid. Perhaps it has gotta be his moodiness. When he gets genuinely mad about something, his moods turn sour so quickly. Believe me, nobody wants to be around him. My dad’s eyes would even change colors with his moods. When I recalled those moments, it's pretty terrifying. It’s so funny how the way I view …my dad in particular…As I’ve gotten older, I now appreciate all of the things that he has done for me and all that he has sacrificed to make me the person I am.

So, daughters, sons, don't ever hold a grudge against your father, love him, respect him, pray for him, and pray with him, and he will be the best dad you ever had! Happy Father's Day to all father figures out there!

No comments: