Normally I do my cooking for the week on Saturday and Sunday. Since I learned how to cook 13 years ago, I’ve also learned how to polish my cooking techniques.
My kids simply love spaghetti. It also happens to be the most favorite pasta dish in my household. My hubby will eat whatever I cook though and it is such a great sense of accomplishment whenever my hubby compliments my cooking.
- Olive oil
- About 200g of mince meat/chicken/beef
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- Spaghetti- 3/4 portions, cooked according to instructions on the packet. Coat with a little bit of olive oil.
- handful of herbs- basil, thyme, rosemary, oregano, whatever goes
chicken stock or water
- Parmesan cheese- to sprinkle on top
- 3 tablespoons of black pepper sauce
- 5 tablespoons of Pasta sauce (Prego brand)
1 capsicum (diced)(optional)
- salt and sugar to taste
Methods (cooking the sauce):
heat the olive oil in a pan, saute garlic and onions until light brown.
add in the mince meat- cook for 5 minutes
add the mushrooms - cook for 1-2 minutes
mix in the pasta and black pepper sauce
add a little bit of chicken soup or water
add in the capcicums
let cook for another 5 minutes, medium heat fire
salt and sugar to taste
cooking the pasta:
add 2 tbs of salt and 2 tbs of oil
put in the pasta
cook for 5 minutes in medium heat fire
drain the pasta under the cool water
mix olive oil to avoid sticking up
serving suggestion: sprinkle with loads of parmesan cheese. garnish with handful of herbs.