Tuesday, July 29, 2008

All Eyes on Olympics 2008


08.08.2008

The Olympics is approaching and excitement is in the air. All athletes from around the world will gather for this awesome event, the Beijing Olympics 2008. This year's theme slogan is: “One World, One Dream”, truly reflects the essence and universal values of the Olympic spirit - Unity, Friendship, Progress, Harmony, Participation and Dream. I just can’t believe another 4 years have passed by. As you grow older the years start to really go by quickly.

If you are among those that are lucky enough to be attending the Olympic Games in Beijing, you are most likely excited, but maybe a bit stressed out as well. After all, there are a lot of stuffs to arrange and prepare for the upcoming Olympic Games. It should be a spectacular event to watch though. I have always enjoyed watching the opening and closing ceremonies for the Olympics. I plan to watch quite a bit of the games - but at home in the evening with my family. Some of my personal favorites include the diving, tennis, swimming events, badminton, gymnastics, and the track and field races.

If you happen to be in Hong Kong next month or so, you can check out the amazing Lego Sports City at Grand Century Place between now and August 31, 2008. The whole lego sport city includes the famous Bird’s Nest, Swimming Cube and Olympic Village. Further information is available at the HKLUG blog (Hong Kong LEGO User Group).


Be sure to explore all the options available to you before choosing your preferred method of getting from place to place and enjoy your Olympic experience!

And for those wanting a wider view of Beijing, check out my related posts:

Day 2: Temple of heaven





4 comments:

Teresa said...

That Lego Sports City is amazing! I wish I could be there!

My Blog: Growing Piggy Bank

Lin said...

yeah, me too. the detail on the structure shows that a lot of time was spent on this.

Matthew said...

Cool, I'm so going to the Lego Sports City with my parents in two weeks when we hit HK.

Lin said...

matthew,
have a safe journey and enjoy yourself in HK!