Saturday, May 24, 2008

Going Organic


I’m sure all of you are aware of the recent rising food costs issue. All food products cost a lot more than they have in the past. Organic food is no exception.

I'm usually conscious about my food intake. Infact, I try to buy as many organic products as I can afford and feel that my family and I benefit from this. A few years ago when I started consuming organic milk and other supplements, I gained a lot of energy, and felt really good, and I maintained that until recently. I feel that my skin has improved tremendously too. In a way, I should practise looking my best at all times because I want to still look good even when I'm 50.

I've to confess that it's not entirely easy (or cheap) to go totally organic, but I have made the switch with some items we eat frequently. Although I might not be able to fully control the food I eat at restaurants at times, I tend to stay away from fast food as much as possible.

If you wish to purchase organic products, there are two main definitions that you should look out:

100% Organic: Made with 100% organic ingredients
Made With Organic Ingredients: Made with a minimum of 70% organic ingredients with strict restrictions on the remaining 30%, including no GMOs (genetically modified organisms)

These days, more and more people are choosing to eliminate processed foods from their diets. In Malaysia, organic food has gained more popularity in the last decade. Organic stores are booming especially in cities. However, some people think that the health benefits of organic foods are overrated.

Click here to view a more detailed list of the 43 fruits and vegetables that were researched by Environmental Working Group.





1 comment:

Falcon said...

sorry..cannot lah..i love my meat...hehe